Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
190 grain Grizzly's are my favorite, but I shoot Wensel Woodsmans, too. I highly recommend cut-on-impact type of heads, but a lot of people want BH's that are easier to tune. With the Grizzly's, I've shot whitetails, elk, pronghorns, and the very elusive whistle-pig.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using MODOC "Warrior" broadheads....solid fixed blades at 125grn.
on Easton shafts. So far I have yet to take anything with them. Just mounted them after a bear hunter buddy gave me a set and said it was all he used. He has taken three bears in the last 4 years...all with a bow over bait.

Prior to that I did all my hunts with Thunderheads.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You shot a deer with a bow using field points? or broadheads?

P.S, locate and use a devise called a string tracker( see the Turkey talk about "The Turkey Gods"). I use one and have never lost a game animal since I started about ten years ago.

Maybe we can get out hunting together this fall and I can show you some of what I have learned...heck you may have a new slant on an old situation that helps me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
actually, ive never used a bow on game, i definately wouldnt use field points. i was just trying to get lurkers riled up enough to reply

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thought you had said earlier in another post that you had to take the bow course.............but gave you the benefit of the doubt. Well you got us talking.......about you!!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
you mean the Mouse? its still there. i have a few i rotate every few months. one is johnny depp as Hunter S Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, another is Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. and there is Donnie Diddler, a gospel singing character from the Lance Krall show.sometimes i shake it up and throw in Ol' Drippy from ATHF.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rule one when you shoot high priced broadheads don't teach new archers with those arrows. Will be in the market for more ........any suggestions?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts