Would you buy a coyote scratch ticket?

Discussion in 'Maine Predators Hunting' started by aroostookbasser, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Seems the boys in Augusta are funding wildlife with scratch tickets.

Would you support and purchase a scratch ticket that funds a bounty system on Coyotes?

Simple system......shoot 'yote take to tagging station...usually a convenience store. Tag 'yote..pull tooth for biologists and collect $10.00. They file claim form with state and get reimbursed through lottery agent.

2. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

HUH??
    I haven't heard about this ingenious creative approach to funding and wildlife management. I'll have to look into this.

3. Don't get confused....the state just sells tickets it says goes to wildlife......
    My coyote bounty system not theirs.

4. THE questions is...would you support a bounty system on coyotes if the funding was integrated into it like through the lottery system.

Instead of hoping enogh people want to hunt and trap them.( $10.00 per kill, minus the teeth to keep people honest) Plus the fur value...$20.00+ for the time to hunt.

What do you think?

5. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

Not sure to be honest. I might go for that. The fur ain't worth much anymore and if we need to devise a way to cut down on numbers, it might be worth a try.

6. Currently prime pelts from Maine are seeing close to if not over $20.00 per hide. A bounty of 10.00 per and the furs market value would gross about 30.00 per kill. Go hunting on a saturday and bag 5 Coyotes = 150.00 to defer gas and hunting costs.

7. okay......what's the deal...61 people come in and look over the posts and don't even bother to tell me off!!!!! What's this country coming to anyway?

8. :lol: :lol:

OK I guess I don't understand it. If it promotes hunting I am for it... :wink:

9. Wasn't there a bounty on them a long time ago? before my time. I remember my dad telling me of one on bears and another animal. I think any kind of incentive like that would get more people in to it. Once you get one on bait or calling its very addictive sport plus they would pay you for them - sounds like a deal to me. :eek: