Would you support a bond issue to build shooting ranges?

Discussion in 'Shooting' started by aroostookbasser, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Would you as a hunter and shooter support the idea of the state of Maine building Shooting ranges in ever population center with at least 6000 citizens. Keeping in mind thare are matching funds available through federal grants. As well as local funds to tap into once it's built, in the form of user fees. The NRA would probably assist.

2. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

Initially that sounds like a terrific idea, but you know what happens when public money is involved in doing anything.

POLITCIAL CORRECTNESS - ACLU - PETA - ETC

Oh hell, let's git er done!

3. Screw the UCLA... They are a terrorist organization as far as I'm concerned...

4. The Federal government takes taxes out of every sale on the premise of the Dingall-Johnson act and the Pittman- Robertson act as well. Both acts collect funds for outdoor recreation........shooting is such an activity. Although the "DJ" has more to do with fish restocking and restoration. Not to mention that people would donate land to the projects for a tax break from the town. Local clubs could raise funds to assist as well.

5. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

I think it's a great idea

6. I would support it but, would the 3/4 of Maines population that live in the southern 1/3 of the state go for it?

7. What would that matter? Only 10% of our registered voters actually vote !!!
    90% register because the clerk at the town office handed them the card while the were registering their car.

All we need is to get every gun owner and Police agency to see how it would help them out. Law enforcement has a hard time finding ranges. We use that powerful political tool to our advantage and everybody wins!!!!

8. I would oppose such a proposal. It is not the governments place to provide citizens with recreational facilities. I would however, support the removal of the existing laws which restrict the ability of citizens to construct ranges. That is is why there aren't any, spending tax dollars would not solve the problem when it is stupid laws that have created it.

9. That is an interesting point. I personally would support the proposal itself but I doubt it would pass. There are way too many anti-gunners right here in the state of Maine...

10. cause..............they moved here from massholeachussets.